Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
From the national forests up north to the bayou and New Orleans, there is so much to see and do in Louisiana. It is super fun to travel through if you’re a full-time RVer or van lifer, you just have to do a little planning ahead of time to make sure you’re staying at the best RV parks and spots.
Through our travels and extensive research, we’ve narrowed down what we think are the best campgrounds across the great state of Louisiana. Here are our top picks!
Table of Contents
- Natalbany Creek Campground and RV Park
- Indian Creek Campground
- Cajun Palms RV Resort
- Lakeside RV Park
- Hidden Treasure RV Resort
- Frog City RV Park
- Poche’s RV Park & Fish-N-Camp
- Land-O-Pines Family Campground
- Riverview RV Park
Natalbany Creek Campground and RV Park
Natalbany Creek Campground and RV Park is a full-service park that includes furnished cabin rentals, well-maintained RV sites, and mobile homes for rent. The campground features a pool that is heated and cooled as necessary, a fully stocked lake, and even an arcade.
Local attractions include the Global Wildlife Center which offers safaris and tours and Cash Magic Casino, which is within short walking distance of the campground.
30218 Highway 16, Amite, LA 70422
Indian Creek Campground
Set in the shade of towering pine trees, Indian Creek Camp ground delivers clean, quiet, and rustic camping with plenty to do. RV sites, primitive tent camping sites, and cabin rentals are available for visitors. The campground also offers paddleboat and canoe rentals for the bayou pond, catch-and-release fishing, a swimming pool and sun deck, and weekend family activities.
These range from different game tournaments to arts and crafts, to karaoke and live music, so there is something for everyone to enjoy!
53013 W. Fontana Road, Independence, LA 70443
Cajun Palms RV Resort
Cajun Palms RV Resort provides a true resort experience with amenities galore. This huge campground features over 300 RV sites and 65 cabin rentals. The campground features a convenience store, a stocked pond, and even a clubhouse with an occupancy of 750 people if you’re looking to host a large event.
Cajun Palms caters to all members of the family with a resort-style pool, kiddie pool, a pool-view work-out facility, video arcade, and state-of-the-art theatre.
1055 North Barn Road, Henderson, LA 70517
Lakeside RV Park
Lakeside RV Park proudly touts the title of “Louisiana’s Favorite RV Park,” and we can’t help but agree that it’s one of the best. The facilities are hard to beat and the location in southern Louisiana near both New Orleans and the capital city Baton Rouge is convenient as well.
The campground features a 17-acre fishing lake, an onsite store for groceries and supplies, and a large pool with lounge chairs. Visitors can choose from several RV camping options or furnished cabins for their stays.
28370 South Frost Road, Livingston, LA 70754
Hidden Treasure RV Resort
Offering shaded, full hookup sites on Lake Cotile, near Alexandria, Louisiana, Hidden Treasure RV Resort is an island of tranquility and nature. The biggest perk of this campground is the lake access it offers, with a private boat launch and boat docks. Guests can also fish from the banks of the lake or enjoy its views from a gazebo that overlooks the waterfront. Past guests praise Hidden Treasure’s friendly and caring owners and quiet ambiance.
8598 Highway 1200, Boyce, LA 71409
Frog City RV Park
Located in the heart of “Cajun Country”, Frog City RV Park offers a top-notch Lafayette experience. From the free cable TV and Wi-Fi to the swimming pool, the park aims to create a comfortable and clean stay for its guests.
The campground is within walking distance of local casino attractions and driving distance of other attractions including the Cajundome (Home of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette athletics), the island that is home to TABASCO Sauce, and local swamp tours.
3003 Daulat Drive, Duson, LA 70529
Poche’s RV Park & Fish-N-Camp
Poche’s RV Park & Fish-N-Camp offers a unique experience with its sites that encircle a lake, bringing the fun right to you! Past visitors cannot get enough of the peaceful atmosphere at the park, the wide variety of fish types available, and clean, spacious sites for RVs. Besides fishing, guests can enjoy swimming in the pool, hanging out in the clubhouse, and walking, hiking, or biking the property.
1080 Sawmill Highway, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana 70517
Land-O-Pines Family Campground
With fun-filled amenities like swimming pools, a waterslide, mini-golf, and a river beach area, Land-O-Pines is a perfect destination for family-friendly camping in Covington, Louisiana. Programming at the campground includes regularly-scheduled musical performances, and options for RV campsites include the usual nightly rates as well as deals on monthly, semi-permanent, and permanent stays at Land-O-Pines.
17145 Million Dollar Road, Covington, LA 70435
Riverview RV Park
Riverview RV Park delivers on what its name promises with its location on the banks of the “Mighty Mississippi”. The campground is right across from historic Natchez, MS, and close to all of the area’s attractions including antebellum homes, hunting and fishing, and watching the boat traffic on the river. There is even a 1.5-mile walking path along the riverfront for guests to enjoy along with Riverview’s hot tub, pool, and playground.
100 River View Parkway, Vidalia, LA 71373
That’s it? Any favorite Louisiana campgrounds that we missed? Shoot us a message and we will check them out! Happy camping and we hope to see you out there someday.
Be sure to check out the rest of our choices for the best campgrounds in the USA:
- The Best Campgrounds in Alabama, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Alaska, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Arizona, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Arkansas, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in California, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Colorado, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Florida, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Georgia, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Idaho, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Illinois, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Iowa, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Indiana, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Kansas, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Kentucky, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Maine, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Maryland, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Massachusetts, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Michigan, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Minnesota, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Mississippi, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Montana, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Nevada, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in New Hampshire, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in New Mexico, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in New York, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in North Carolina, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Ohio, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Oklahoma, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Oregon, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in South Carolina, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Tennessee, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Texas, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Vermont, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Virginia, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Washington, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Wisconsin, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Wyoming, USA