Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
From Hot Springs National Park to the Ozark National Forest, there is a lot of amazing camping in Arkansas. If you find yourself planning a trip through the state, be sure to plan out the places you want to stop each night. Based on our travels, research, and advice from other RVers and campers, here are our top 10 campgrounds in the beautiful state of Arkansas.
Shady Oaks Campground and RV Park
Set on 12 wooded acres, Shady Oaks Campground and RV Park lives up to its name. The campground, which is open year-round, offers cabin rentals, 30/50 amp RV sites, and tent camping alike. Attractions in the surrounding area include many Civil War-related sites of interest and the Buffalo National River, where visitors can enjoy kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and more.
960 Highway 206E, Harrison, AR 72601
Cowpatty RV Park and Campground
A relatively small campground that nevertheless offers a great atmosphere, Cowpatty RV Park and Campground are located within close driving distance to Fayetteville, Arkansas. Cowpatty’s ample amenities include WiFi, ice, a modern bath house, and a rec hall outfitted with a big-screen TV, pool table, ping pong table, and more.
48 E Wallin Mountain Road, West Fork, AR 72774
Gilbert RV Campground
Though the namesake town of Gilbert, Arkansas, has a tiny population of only 33 people, Gilbert RV Campground is all but short on amenities and activities. Guests have easy access to the Buffalo National River as well as the nearby Kenda, which is the only drive-in movie theatre open year round! You can spend the day kayaking and hiking around the river and then turn in for a movie night.
36 N Frost Street, Gilbert, AR 72636
Cloud Nine RV Park
Located in Hot Springs National Park in central Arkansas, Cloud Nine RV Park caters to long-term campers, over nighters and all those in between. The well-kept amenities include WiFi, cable tv, clean bathhouse and laundry room with new machines, a clubhouse with beautiful leather furniture, big screen tv, full functioning kitchen, coffee bar, large game room with pool table, dart board, library exchange, and many board games and puzzles.
An over sized observation deck with a double propane grill, walking trails and doggy stations. All RV sites are equipped with full hook ups and are extra long and nice and roomy.
136 Cloud 9 Drive, Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901
Kings River Hitchin’ Post RV and Campground
Kings River Hitchin’ Post RV and Campground is a small campground offering its guests a family-friendly environment on a ranch in the beautiful Kings River valley. The river offers excellent fishing, and past visitors love the peaceful and secluded setting of the campground.
7032 Madison 2405, Huntsville, AR 72740
Blue Heron Campground
Conveniently located just off of the highway, Blue Heron Campground aims to give its visitors the best of both worlds, with an easily accessible location that nevertheless showcases the natural and serene beauty of the Ozarks.
The campground is set right on the banks of the White River, which is a popular trout fishing destination, and you can even get a fishing guide to accompany you from the campground. Accommodation options include tent sites, RV sites, and several cabin rentals.
150 Blue Heron Drive, Flippin, AR 72634
Denton Ferry RV Park and Cabin Rental
Denton Ferry RV Park and Cabin Rental offer a premium Ozarks camping experience, with riverfront RV sites, convenient pull-through sites, and even riverfront cabin rentals that can accommodate up to 8 people. In addition to the White River close by, the campground is also a riverside walking park that includes two natural spring-fed ponds and a meadow. The campground also prides itself in having the “Cleanest RV Park Restrooms in America”–you can really find it all here!
740 Denton Ferry Road, Cotter, AR 72626
Shadow Mountain RV Park and Campground
With its location in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas, Shadow Mountain RV Park and Campground places you perfectly to enjoy all the outdoor activities that the Ouachita National Park has to offer. These include ATV and motorcycle trails, equestrian trails, mountain biking, and hiking. Shadow Mountain has multiple accommodation options, including pull-through, full hookup RV sites, large tent sites, and rustic cabin rentals.
3708 Highway 71 S, Mena, AR 71953
Situated on over 400 acres of land including the shores of Lake Catherine, Catherine’s Landing is a unique getaway just a few minutes outside of Hot Springs, Arkansas. Catherine’s Landing has several options among its fully equipped sites, including RV sites, tents, cottages, and even yurts. The many amenities include on-site fire pits, a saline swimming pool, and kayak rentals to make a truly enjoyable experience.
1700 Shady Grove Road, Hot Springs, AR 71901
Dogwood Springs Campground
Dogwood Springs Campground is located just outside of Jasper, Arkansas, and offers several accommodation options for visitors, ranging from cabin and cottage rentals to RV and tent sites. Guests can enjoy the swimming pool, outdoor pavilion, and free WiFi while staying at the campground. If you venture off the grounds, you can explore local attractions and activities like going on a float down the Buffalo River, rock climbing, or visiting Mystic Caverns.
621 E Court Street, Jasper, AR 72641
Do you have any other favorite Arkansas campgrounds that we missed? Shoot us a message and we’ll take a look at them. Have fun camping and, as always, hit us up if you have any questions!
Be sure to check out the rest of our choices for the best campgrounds in the USA:
- The Best Campgrounds in Alabama, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Alaska, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Arizona, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in California, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Colorado, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Florida, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Georgia, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Idaho, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Illinois, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Iowa, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Indiana, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Kansas, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Kentucky, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Louisiana, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Maine, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Maryland, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Massachusetts, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Michigan, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Minnesota, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Mississippi, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Montana, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Nevada, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in New Hampshire, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in New Mexico, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in New York, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in North Carolina, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Ohio, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Oklahoma, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Oregon, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in South Carolina, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Tennessee, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Texas, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Vermont, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Virginia, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Washington, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Wisconsin, USA
- The Best Campgrounds in Wyoming, USA