RVs range from the petite to the behemoth. But one thing they all have in common is a stark lack of storage. If you’re a weekend warrior that doesn’t venture too far for too long in your RV, extra space might not be an issue. However, if you take frequent trips or even live in your RV, you probably take more gear to stow away, so storage can be a significant issue.
Fortunately, there are a plethora of RV storage beds that can rectify that problem. Here, we’ll cover the five best RV bed frames with storage to help free up space in your home away from home.
Save Space with These RV Bed Frames
|Best RV Bed Frames with Storage||Best For:|
|Arden White Futon Frame||Futon|
|Brentwood Futon Frame and Mattress||All-In-One|
|Madison Murphy Bed Chest||Murphy Bed|
|RecPro 42” Dinette Booth||Booth|
|Holmsund Sleeper Sectional||Sectional|
Reviews of the 5 Best RV Bed Frames with Storage
Let’s get into each of our top picks, what we liked and didn’t like about each one, and all the nitty gritty details.
Arden White Futon Frame
This wood futon sleeper is not only stylish but the perfect storage solution for RVs with small spaces. Bonus, you can not only use it for storage but also sleeping and lounging. Furthermore, it is armless, so taller individuals can sleep here comfortably. When folded out, the queen-size futon is 60” W x 80” D, so it can fit people of most heights comfortably.
If you’re more interested in storage, the Arden White Futon Frame comes with mobile storage drawers that slide underneath. The drawers, 39.5” W x 20.5” D x 9.75” H, offer ample space for storing clothes, shoes, books, magazines, etc. The premium white painted frame finish on this piece of furniture can brighten up your RV, and its multi-stage finishing process guarantees the color will last.
- Premium white painted frame finish brightens and opens up your home. Multi stage finishing process...
- Heavy Duty solid wood futon frame construction - offers better longevity and quality over cheap...
- Ideal for smaller RVs
- Eco-friendly frame made from solid wood
- Has more longevity and quality than tubular metal futon frames
- Big enough for larger people to sleep on
- Multipurpose as a sofa, lounger, bed, and storage unit
- Storage drawers easily slide into the frame
- 8-inch-thick mattress, four layers of high-density foam
- Does not come assembled
- Does not include pillows
- Frame, drawer, and mattress shipped separately, so might arrive at different times
Best All-in-One Bed Frame
Brentwood Futon Frame and Mattress
One of the best things about the eco-friendly Brentwood Futon Frame is that it is made from 100 percent solid hardwood, which is both sturdy and long-lasting. A bonus is that it also has two roomy storage drawers, the dimensions of which are 36.75” W x 20.5” D x 9.75” H. The Brentwood Futon Frame has a heritage finish applied by adept artisans that guarantees a long-lasting color stay.
As for sleeping, lounging or just relaxing, the Brentwood Futon Frame takes a full-size futon mattress: sofa, 81″-96″ W x 37″ D x 33.5″ H; bed, 81″-96″ W x 54″ D x 23.25″ H. You can also purchase it in queen size. This is one of the most attractive and quality-built RV bed frames with storage you can find, and would even look good in your home.
- 100% genuine solid hardwood futon frame in Heritage - Multi stage finishing process ensures even,...
- Multi Position Futon. Sofa Dimensions: 81"-96"W x 37"D x 33.5"H, Bed Dimensions: 81"-96"W x 54"D x...
- Made with hardwood from sustainable plantations
- Cavernous storage
- Can be used as a sofa, lounger, or bed
- 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Sofa-height seating
- Relatively inexpensive
- Comes in two different sizes
- The frame is relatively lightweight
- Does not come assembled
- Instructions a bit difficult
- Only includes futon frame and drawers; mattress, cover, and pillows must be purchased separately
Best Murphy Bed
Madison Murphy Bed Chest
Murphy beds aren’t just for houses and don’t have to come out of the wall. The Madison Murphy Bed Chest is one of the best for RVs. It also has two drawers for storage and is encased in a stunning cabinet made of solid wood. And because it has an electrical outlet, the Madison Murphy Bed Chest can also be used as a stand for your RV’s TV. When closed, it looks like a classy TV stand.
The bed is highly reviewed for its comfort due to the included gel-infused memory foam queen mattress. When closed, the cabinet’s dimensions are 65.5″ W x 30.375″ D x 40.75″ H. The Madison Murphy Bed Chest extends to 80.125″ long for sleeping, and the 6-inch-thick mattress is foldable.
- FUNCTIONAL MURPHY BED CABINET: The Daily Delight Murphy Bed is housed in a beautiful cabinet with...
- COMFORTABLE FOR EVERYDAY USE: The included gel-infused memory foam queen-sized mattress is so...
- Solid-wood construction makes it long-lasting
- Comes in three different colors: cherry, java, or white
- Built-in electrical outlet
- Comfortable mattress
- The mattress arrives vacuum-sealed for cleanliness
- Great for storage
- Detailed instructions come with easy-to-use hand tools
- Does not come assembled
- At 470 pounds, it’s rather heavy
RecPro 42” Dinette Booth
The RecPro is not only used for seating but functions as two dinette booths with storage. It also comes with a table. This full dinette set is renowned for its spacious area under the benches, which can also be converted into a bed. They are made from soft Suprima Poly-leather with a lot of cushion. Additionally, both booths, due to their under seating storage, eliminate cumbersome slide-out drawers that are used in many dinette booths.
Depending on your storage needs, the booth comes in 38”, 40”, 42”, and 44”. The height of the backrest is 31.5”, the seat height is 19.5” and the seat depth is 18”.
- Full Dinette set with 2 benches, table, and table leg
- Spacious storage under the benches
- Easily converted
- Comes in 4 colors: putty, toffee, chestnut, and rich mahogany
- Available in different sizes
- Ample storage
- Can be made into a bed
- Supports up to 2,000 pounds
- Only sleeps one person comfortably
- Does not have slide-out drawers, which could have added more storage space
Holmsund Sleeper Sectional
Due to its size, the Holmsund Sleeper Sectional is best for the largest RVs. If your rig has 90 ½” W x 35 ⅜” D x 37 ¾”” H to spare, this is the sleeper/storage unit for you. The Holmsund fastly and easily converts into a 55 ⅛-inch-wide, 80 ⅜-inch long roomy bed. There’s also plenty of storage space below, which is easy to access.
The Holmsund Sleeper Sectional also includes a 59 ½-inch-long chaise lounge. The chaise can be combined with the bed for extra room.
- The package includes a set of sofa slipcovers that just fit and only compatible to iKEA's Holmsund...
- We only use high quality fabrics and we run a number of tests to make sure that our cover fits well.
- Plenty of storage space
- Lid stays open for safe and easy storing
- Seat depth and back support can be adapted to suit one’s needs
- Comes with chaise lounge
- Does not come assembled
- Assembly can be somewhat difficult
- Partially constructed with particleboard and plywood
Recap: The Best RV Bed Frames with Storage
- Arden White Futon Frame – Best Futon
- Brentwood Futon Frame and Mattress – Best All-in-One Bed Frame
- Madison Murphy Bed Chest – Best Murphy Bed
- RecPro 42” Dinette Booth – Best Booth
- Holmsund Sleeper Sectional – Best Sectional
Factors To Consider When Buying a Bed Frame for Your RV
Before buying an RV bed frame with storage, always make sure it will fit in the desired space in your RV. You should also check to see that it is made of quality, long-lasting material, offers the required comfort, and has a generous amount of storage space; otherwise, it defeats the whole purpose of purchase.
Size and Space Specs
First and foremost, you want to look for a piece of this kind of furniture that will fit easily in your camper. This means paying close attention to the dimensions listed online or measuring in person. You don’t want to just buy one because it looks nice, only to get it back to your RV and discover it doesn’t fit at all or fits too tightly, taking up entirely too much space where you can no longer get around. If you have a pretty unique setup in your camper, you may want to think about a DIY bed frame.
Style and Durability
Second, you want to buy an RV bed frame with extra storage that is built to last, as they are typically expensive. Look for ones that are made of wood, as they are the sturdiest and have the most longevity. At the same time, weigh the merits of a solid wood frame versus one that’s a lighter weight if your travel trailer or motorhome is already laden with gear and people. The choice of bunk beds vs. a more traditional bed base with a headboard and other features will also come into play. Bunk beds can save a considerable amount of space.
Because you will also be sitting and/or sleeping on it, comfort is also a consideration. What’s worse than trying to relax or sleep on a sofa or mattress that feels like cement?
Remember, RV bed frames with storage are not just limited to the standard foldout varieties, and can be murphy bed chests, dinette booths, and sleeper sectionals. They should also be able to fit a variety of mattress styles like memory foam mattresses or innerspring mattresses.
Storage Capacity and Configuration
Lastly, one of the main reasons you’re buying this type of furniture is for storage, so ensure your choice has enough space to fulfill your storage needs.
If you own an RV, you know how essential it is to use its space wisely. In fact, every bit of space matters, whether it be a slide-out, storage bin, hanging basket, or cabinet.
But if you want to take more home with you on your home on wheels, you will need more space, which is where RV bed frames with storage come in, as they will help you maximize your space. Depending on your setup, you’ll want to choose between a platform bed or murphy bed to conserve space. Murphy beds fold down whereas platform beds have storage underneath the bed.
Your mobile home on wheels should have as many uses as your stationary home as possible, and an RV bed frame with storage can help make that possible.
When it comes to picking the best bed frame with storage for your RV, we’ve laid out plenty of options here. When you prioritize the size specs, comfort, and storage of the bed frame, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your needs (and your next RVing excursions).
If you’re revamping your RV bedroom, make sure to read our other bedroom guides too:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is A Storage Bed Worth It?
Yes, absolutely. Because your RV has limited space, a bed is a great place to have built in storage. After all, there is a massive amount of unused space under the bed thats perfect for storing blankets and sheets, or clothes that only get worn at certain times of the year. There are some great options for storage beds so be sure you check out our guide for all the best models.
Are Storage Beds Comfortable?
When it comes to comfort, the base of the bed plays almost no role. That role is left to the mattress, so if you think that you could use some extra storage in your RV, a storage bed is a great choice. They often have a flat board under the mattress that acts similarly to a boxspring, and can often provide slightly more support.
Are Storage Beds Sturdy?
Yes, most storage beds are very sturdy. Because they are effectively a box that you sleep on, they are generally very sturdy. This includes a flat piece of wood that your mattress rests on to provide more support for you and for the storage are under your mattress.