As a full-time RVer, you spend a lot of time on the go and moving your home around. The last thing you want is to be stuck on the side of the road with tire issues. When you are driving such a large vehicle around, knowing your tires’ status is crucial to your safety.
There are many aspects to consider when buying an RV tire pressure monitoring system. I have compiled a list of some of the best options and price points to consider when making this purchase.
Never Go Flat With These RV Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
|Best RV Tire Pressure Monitoring System||Best For:|
|Tymate TPMS Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System||Overall Quality|
|Rocboc Wireless Smart Tire Safety Monitor||Affordable|
|EEZTire-TPMS6 Real Time/24×7 Tire Pressure Monitoring System||Trailers|
|CACAGOO Wireless TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System||Multi-Use System|
|Tymate TPMS Solar Power Charge||Solar Powered System|
|Jansite Tire Pressure Monitoring System||Honorable Mention|
Reviews of the 6 Best RV Tire Pressure Monitors
Alright, let’s dive into all the details for each of our top picks.
Best Monitoring System
Tymate TPMS Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Though it falls on the more expensive side, the EEzTire system is one of RVs and trailers’ best options for monitoring tire pressure. You can easily charge this system in your car through the cigarette lighter. This monitoring system has a long shelf-life and comes with four advanced external sensors that require low power consumption. It is a perfect system for on-the-go and can be stored very easily since it is small and compact.
There are a few drawbacks to this pressure monitoring system. Depending on where the cigarette lighter is in your car, the placement may not be entirely convenient for you. It also has a tendency to test slowly, taking up to a few hours to update with your tire pressure.
- 🚘Full-Color Screen Design🚘 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System CL205 provides a stylish,...
- 🚘Six Types Of Alarms And User-set Alarm Values🚘 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System CL205...
- Long shelf life
- Compact and portable
- Easy to install
- Accurate readings
- Can be too small for some cars
- Not always in the most convenient location
- Reading can take a few hours
- Hard to navigate other features of this device
Rocboc Wireless Smart Tire Safety Monitor
If you are on a tighter budget, the Rocboc Wireless Smart Tire Safety Monitor may be a good option for you. It comes equipped with a very loud and reliable alarm and voice system to alert you to any tire changes at a moment’s notice. You can charge this monitor through its charging port without the cigarette lighter, or you can use solar power. It is sealed well and keeps dirt and debris out, making the shelf life longer on this monitor.
This monitor system is not suitable for all RVs and campers, so you need to make sure yours is compatible before making a purchase. Some customers have noted that PSI reading is not always accurate and can be off by a few points. The devices also have a tendency to get stuck on the wheel, likely due to compatibility issues.
- 【6 ALARM MODES AND INTELLIGENT VOICE PROMPT - BOOST DRIVING SAFETY】: ** FAST OR LOW LEAK ALARM...
- 【2 CHARGING WAYS - SOLAR POWER & USB CHARGING】Support USB cable charging, and solar charging. It...
- Long-lasting and durable
- Easy to install
- Loud and reliable alarm and voice monitor
- Two convenient ways to charge
- Not suitable with all RVs
- PSI reading is off by a few points
- Sensors get stuck to tires
- The display is kind of dim and hard to read
Best for Trailers
EEZ-Tire-TPMS6 Real Time/24×7 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Though it falls on the more expensive side, the EEzTire system is one of the best options for RVs and trailers for monitoring tire pressure. This is a motion-sensitive monitor and gives accurate and easily heard notifications to keep you safe. You can charge this system through your car’s USB port or the cigarette lighter. It comes with separate controls for RV and trailer sensors, which allows for better control over the system.
Some customers have said that this device is not always reliable when it comes to communication with the driver. There have also been some issues with customer service when you need to replace or fix pieces that may not be working correctly, so if that is important to you, it may be worth looking into a different product.
- ■ REAL TIME/24x7 SAFETY & HIGH FUEL ECONOMY - EezTire TPMS system by EEZ RV Products is the...
- ■ ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY ALERT SYSTEM - the monitor is motion sensitive and monitors tire pressure...
- Motion-sensitive and accurate
- Easy to charge
- Great for RVs and trailers
- Sensors come with replaceable batteries
- Durable and strong
- Spotty communication
- Not the best customer service experience
- Sensors can take up to an hour to read accurately
- Sensors have issues linking together
Best Multi-Use System
CACAGOO Wireless TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System
With this product, you are able to monitor all four of your tires at the same time with multiple sensors that communicate to the main device. This is great for warning you of any potential tire safety issues while on the road. The monitor can be easily charged through the cigarette lighter in your car as well. It comes with a bright LCD screen, making it easy to read during the day or at night.
Due to the screen’s brightness, there is a tendency for the display to burn out more quickly than other tire pressure monitoring systems on the market. It has also been mentioned that the PSI reading is off by up to two points, so that is important to keep in mind as well.
- 【4 TIRES MONITORED SIMULTANEOUSLY】Each tire has its own code, you can view the real-time air...
- 【WIRELESS SYSTEM】The sensor is attached to the cap on the air valve of each tire and...
- Easy to install
- Easy to charge
- Allows you to monitor all tires at the same time
- Bright LCD display
- The LCD display can burn out easily
- PSI reading is off by about two points
- Does not come with batteries for the sensors
Best Solar Powered System
Tymate TPMS Solar Power Charge
If you want to conserve energy and track your tire pressure at the same time, the Tymate TPMS Solar Power could be the right fit for you. Since solar power is more durable than other options, this system will likely last you longer than a USB or cigarette lighter system. It comes with five different alarms to ensure your safety while driving around. It also has an auto-generated backlight and sleep mode to conserve power too.
Solar power is not always the most convenient option for everyone. There are fewer places to store the device while driving. There have also been some issues with all four sensors linking to the system at the same time. There is also a chance that the sensor may leak some air from time to time, so that is important to keep an eye on.
- 🚗Auto Solar Charge🚗 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 Black is Automatic solar...
- 🚗Five Types Of Alarms And User-set Alarm Values🚗 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3...
- Energy saving
- More durable and long-lasting
- Five alarm settings
- Sleep mode and power-saver
- Accurate readings
- Not as convenient as other sensors
- Has trouble linking all four sensors
- Sensors may leak some air
- Can wear down your valves over time
Jansite Tire Pressure Monitoring System
This system has a real-time pressure monitoring, tire pressure, and slow leak alarm to keep you safe on the road. It is easy to install and waterproof, making it a longer-lasting choice than other available options. This system comes with four sensors to link to your car to give you an accurate idea of where your tire pressure is at all times. The LCD display is easy to see and easy to read.
It is not the easiest system to understand, and the manual does not provide much in the way of clarity. The sensors also have a tendency to let some air out of your tires over time, so watch them closely. It also has a very small display, so it may not be the easiest to read.
- 【Real-time Monitoring & Alarm】TPMS automatic update the tire's pressure and temperature per 5...
- 【High Accuracy】Adopt Freescale program, Pressure accuracy: 0.1bar, max monitor pressure: 87 psi....
- Real-time monitoring
- Bright LCD display
- Waterproof and durable
- Comes with four tire sensors
- Manual is unclear
- The display is small and hard to read
- Sensors leak air
- Issues sealing on the valves
Recap: The Best RV Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Tymate TPMS Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Best Monitoring System
- Rocboc Wireless Smart Tire Safety Monitor – Most Affordable
- EEZ-Tire-TPMS6 Real Time/24×7 Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Best for Trailers
- CACAGOO Wireless TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Best Multi-Use System
- Tymate TPMS Solar Power Charge – Best Solar Powered System
- Jansite Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Honorable Mention
Buying a New RV Tire Pressure Monitoring System: What to Look For
Now that you have had an in-depth look at some of the best tire pressure monitoring systems for your RV, here are a few important factors to take into consideration before making a purchase.
These devices are designed specifically to monitor the pressure of each tire in order to prevent accidents. That means it is very important to buy a model that can (and will) last a long time and will not expire before your tires. When you consider the product’s durability, it is also good to think about the climate you live in. If you live in high heat or harsh weather environments, you should purchase a model that is able to withstand that.
When considering durability, it is also important to think about the battery that is running your system. The best battery should last a long time without overheating too easily. You may also want to consider rechargeable batteries to save time and money.
Easy to Install
It is really easy for the installation process to become too complicated to be worth it. It may be worth considering to look for a system that you can install on your own just in case you run into problems on the road. Just make sure that the system’s installation kit comes with all of the tools you may need, or else things could get messed up along the way.
You do not want to find yourself stranded because the system that you purchased was inaccurate by a few PSI. When buying a tire pressure monitoring system for your RV, make sure you take the time to read the reviews like ours to better understand how accurate the device is. This way, you can avoid any mishaps while you are on the road.
If the display is not great, your tire pressure monitoring system can become too complex or too much of a hassle very quickly. It is best to choose a system with a simple and easy-to-read display and design to avoid any possible problems. You want your system to be simple to set up, read, and maintain for a long period of time.
For more tire guides, check out these articles: