There’s nothing better than hopping in a shower after a day on the road or exploring the wilderness. Unfortunately, some RVs don’t include good shower heads, if they even have one at all. If you’re looking to upgrade your RV bathroom, a replacement shower head is a good idea.
Today, I find the best RV shower heads that you can install. I’ll also walk you through all the features to look for when choosing the best option for you.
Upgrade Your RV Bathroom with These Shower Heads
|Best RV Shower Heads||Best For:|
|PIH High-Pressure RV Handheld Shower Head||Handheld Shower Head|
|HOMELODY High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head||Water Saving Head|
|Aqua Elegante High-Pressure Shower Head||Stationary Head|
|Camco 43712 RV Shower Head||Most Affordable|
|Oxygenics 26481 Brushed Nickel||High-End Head|
|DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9” Rainfall Shower Head||Dual Head Combo|
Reviews of the 6 Best Shower Heads for Your RV
Now that we’ve had a quick overview, it’s time for some details. Here is all you should know about my top picks for the best RV shower heads.
Best Handheld Shower Head
PIH High-Pressure RV Handheld Shower Head
The PIH high-pressure shower head is a fantastic pick if you like a flexible hose with a considerable reach. Included with the unit is a long 59-inch hose, giving you a great range in the average-sized RV shower.
What I also like is that the shower head instantly amplifies the flow pressure as the water runs through. It delivers a steady stream, which might even make you forget that you’re showering in a motorhome.
Another benefit of the PIH is the different settings. You can choose between a powerful shooting mode, pulse massage, and pause. The pause option is particularly useful when in an RV as it allows you to stop the stream to save water.
With that said, it doesn’t have a vacuum break, meaning that when you pause, all the water remains inside the hose. Once you turn off the water, release the pause button to allow the water to drain.
- High pressure handheld shower heads for RV Motorhomes
- Instantly increase your showering water flow pressure
- Instantly increases the flow pressure
- Three settings, including a pause
- Long, flexible hose
- Clamp and adjustable bracket included in the package
- The shower head doesn’t feature a vacuum break—remember to drain the water
Best Water Saving Head
HOMELODY High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head
We all know that when traveling in an RV, water conservation is a must. Homelody includes a water-saving button, similar to the PIH above, enabling you to halt the flow while you shampoo.
You can also switch between five settings, including a gentle rinse, spray, power flush, centralized stream, and shower.
For the spout, you have silicone material, which is eco-friendly and resists stains. The unit itself consists of chrome-plated ABS plastic that’s effortless to wipe clean.
Installing it is relatively straightforward, too, although please note that Homelody doesn’t include the hose in the package, so you have to purchase it separately. However, it claims that the unit should fit any shower arm.
One thing I didn’t like is that the pause button can get stuck, requiring you to pry it up again. Another potential drawback is that the shower head is quite small, limiting the coverage.
- Water-Saving Push Button: Stop function, eliminating the need for the middle to close the valve to...
- Hand Shower 5 Settings: Pulsating Massage, Power Mist, Rain Massage, Power Spray + Massage
- Water-saving button
- Five spray settings
- Easy to clean silicone spout
- Chrome-plated ABS plastic construction
- The pause button can get stuck
- The shower head is small, so the coverage isn’t the best
- No hose included
Best Stationary Head
Aqua Elegante High-Pressure Shower Head
If you prefer having a fixed shower head, I recommend the Aqua Elegante.
When choosing a stationary shower head, durability is a must, and I have to say, this option is impressive. It consists of a thick layer of ABS thermoplastic, BPA-free resin, making it resistant to corrosion, rust, and rough handling.
Like the Homelody above, the Aqua Elegante comes with a silicone spout that’s resistant to mineral build-up and clogging.
Be aware that it isn’t for sale in California as it exceeds the 1.8 GPM—gallon per minute—water flow restriction.
However, the flow isn’t the best, especially if you already have low pressure. The unit doesn’t amplify the stream, rather it somewhat changes the pattern, but it doesn’t make it particularly ‘fuller’ on your skin.
It also doesn’t offer any settings, making it less versatile than the options above.
- 💦 UNLIKE OTHER SHOWER HEADS THAT are made from cheap, thin plastic that leaks after a few...
- 💦 DON'T PUT UP WITH SHOWER HEADS THAT clog up or spray in weird directions. We engineered our...
- Made from durable materials
- Silicone spout, which resists build-ups
- Lightweight construction
- It doesn’t work well with low water pressure
- No settings are available
Most Affordable Shower Head
Camco 43712 RV Shower Head
If you’re on a budget, I suggest the Camco RV shower head. For its price, it offers excellent good-to-have features. The handheld shower head measures 4 inches in diameter with a 9-inch length. You have rubber tips on the spout, which aren’t as easy to clean as silicone but still worth it for the price.
Like the PIH and Homelody, it includes a pause switch, which saves water. There are also five spray patterns to choose from, including a drenching rain or massage mode.
Unfortunately, it seems that the pause button isn’t durable and may get stuck quickly. The switch is also hard to operate, which isn’t ideal if you have arthritis or similar conditions.
- On/Off switch allows to pause water flow while shampooing, reducing amont of water used
- Shower head measures 4" in diameter with a total length of 9"
- It features a pause button
- The unit includes five spray patterns
- Small and compact
- The pause button can get stuck
- The switch is hard to use
Best High-End Head
Oxygenics 26481 Brushed Nickel
If you want some luxury while away from home, the brushed nickel shower head from Oxygenics is where to look.
It comes with its patented Oxygenics amplifying technology that “increases” the existing water pressure while widening the coverage. Despite the added volume, it minimizes water waste, excellent for an RV tank.
The shower head provides a particular spray pattern, which increases the efficiency of your shower, making it quicker to rinse off shampoo and soap. It also enables you to limit the stream while you lather up using its SmartPause valve.
Inside the unit, there are non-stick parts that prevent clogging and mineral build-up. Included in the package are also a 60-inch hose, plumber’s tape, and a wall-mount holder.
With that said, the shower head doesn’t pause the stream entirely and may alter the temperature once you open it again. It’s also quite heavy compared to the others, weighing approximately 1.4 pounds.
- Patented Oxygenics technology amplifies existing water pressure and widens coverage while minimizing...
- SmartPause valve helps preserve tank levels by quickly limiting water flow during soaping while...
- Durable construction
- It includes amplifying technology
- Special spray pattern
- SmartPause valve
- It doesn’t stop the stream completely
- Considerably heavy
Best Dual Head Combo
DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9” Rainfall Shower Head
Another luxury option for the camper is this rainfall shower head from DreamSpa. In the package, you receive a large, 9-inch rainfall shower head and a smaller, handheld option.
The large surface of the rainfall spout will drench your whole body in one go. For the handheld head, you have a flow-control button that’s conveniently located so you can use it with your thumb.
With the handheld part, you can alter the pattern to aeration massage, high-power rain, and a waterfall setting. I also like that it’s easy to install—you don’t need any tools—as the shower head connects with any standard shower arm.
In saying this, it isn’t as durable as hoped, seeing that the plastic finishes may leak and the metal construction rust. The handheld head also gets clogged easily, causing water to spray in an inconsistent pattern.
- RAINFALL SHOWER COMBO WITH PUSH-BUTTON CONTROL FLOW CONTROL: Use luxurious rainfall shower head for...
- EXTRA-LARGE RAIN SHOWER HEAD: Extra Large 9 Inch Face for shoulder-to-shoulder water flow coverage |...
- Large rainfall shower head
- Handheld option included
- Effortless to install
- Easy to adjust the pattern
- Some of the plastic parts may break prematurely
- It gets clogged easily
Recap: The Best RV Shower Heads
- PIH High-Pressure RV Handheld Shower Head – Best Handheld Shower Head
- HOMELODY High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head – Best Water Saving Head
- Aqua Elegante High-Pressure Shower Head – Best Stationary Head
- Camco 43712 RV Shower Head – Most Affordable Shower Head
- Oxygenics 26481 Brushed Nickel – Best High-End Head
- DreamSpa Ultra-Luxury 9” Rainfall Shower Head – Best Dual Head Combo
Buying a New RV Shower Head: What to Look For
Finding the best RV shower heads isn’t always as straightforward as it may seem. Showers are notorious for draining the onboard water tank, so you need some special features. Here are a few things worth considering:
Because water efficiency is key in RVing, you need a shower head with a water-saving feature.
A shut-off valve enables you to pause the flow, giving you time to lather shampoo and soap without wasting water.
However, although this will pause the stream, not all can completely stop it, and a slight trickle might still escape.
If there’s no pause function, consider the shower head’s GPM rating, which indicates how many gallons per minute it releases. This should ideally be as low as possible—at least below 2 GPM to be water-saving.
Unfortunately, manufacturers don’t always disclose this, so you may need to check the reviews to get an idea of the flow.
Standard shower heads included in RVs tend to lack in terms of performance. They usually have mediocre pressure and rarely offer any spray settings.
Modern shower heads come with comfort features, like massage modes, high-power rinse, and even rainfall features. These help make your shower experience more pleasant while away from home, which we all need sometimes.
Because the GPM is low, the shower head should include a feature that amplifies the flow. Units that have this usually add air to the water, giving it a “fuller” sensation as if the pressure was higher.
Ergonomics and simplicity are two essential factors to consider, particularly in an RV where convenience is already compromised.
It’s best to find a shower head that’s easy to install and use as this makes your experience undoubtedly better.
Low-quality shower heads won’t last many trips, and having it break while away from home is a no-go. Instead, opt for quality units—they may be pricier upfront but will be cheaper over time.
Clogs and mineral build-ups can impact the flow and quality of your water. The best RV shower heads should include silicone spouts or tips as these are easy to clean and will prevent minerals from getting stuck.