Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Whether you’re on the road or parked, you need to have clean water available to you in your RV. In this review, you will learn the Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose pros and cons. Read on to figure out if this is the product for you…or not.
The Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose weighs in at 3.5 pounds, measures at 11.25 x 11.25 x 3.25 inches, and you can buy 25 feet or 5o feet.
It is patented with NTS Reflex Mesh anti-kink technology, which prevents kinks, twists, and tangles. (Kinking is the primary consumer complaint.) It is also very flexible–making it much easier to maneuver and handle.
Manufactured with FDA sanctioned materials and complying with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, it is safe for consumption. It protects from mildew and mold because of its MicroShield antimicrobial protection feature.
And you don’t need to worry about leaking! The ergonomic leak-proof, grip-tite coupling makes for easier attachment to the faucet.
If you’re wondering what grip-tite coupling is, it merely means the hose has a larger diameter grip to tighten the hose to the hose bib.
For those worried about the quality and getting a bang for your buck, the Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose is made in the United States with a lifetime guarantee. You can also use it as a regular hose. The only difference is that this hose is safe to drink from, whereas a standard garden hose is usually not.
What I Liked
There are quite a few things I like about the Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose:
- It is safe to use on all drinking water applications.
- It is lead-free and complies with the safety standards in the industry.
- It is suitable for both marine and RV applications. Some people use it for gardening. A very versatile hose!
- The reinforced mesh network prevents tangles, kinks, and twists as much as possible.
- It is highly flexible and easy to handle/maneuver. It remains adjustable to 45 degrees.
- It is easy to attach to the faucet because of ergonomic leak-proof coupling.
- It protects itself from mildew and mold. In other words, it is antimicrobial.
- With 50 feet of hose, you won’t have issues reaching the water source from your RV!
- It is not an ugly hose in any shape, way, or form. The white color reflects sunlight and keeps the hose cooler.
- It is made in the United States, so you are supporting American jobs with your dollars. Some products from overseas are cheap and don’t last long.
- The lifetime warranty means that if your hose does kink, you can send it back and get a new one!
- Space is essential in an RV, and this hose is unproblematic to roll up and store.
The Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose is one of our recommendations for the best RV water hose.
What I find to be problematic about the Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose:
- Thinner when compared to other RV water hoses, which may cause problems when rounding a tight corner
- The material for the connector to the outside faucet could be of better quality – metal.
- Not hot water safe, which can be a negative for some RV owners, but it typical for a lot of garden hoses.
- The label does not say it is BPA free, which may be a problem to some. BPA or bisphenol-A is a chemical found in many plastics. Many choose to use metal water bottles instead of plastic ones to avoid BPA as some experts say it’s toxic and some countries have restricted its use.
Reviews From Other RVers
Customer reviews for this hose are so overwhelmingly positive. The few outliers were very unhappy.
People say that it is long-lasting (even in the hot sun) and easy to handle and store. It is sturdy and stays kink-free when used with reasonable care. They also say that the fitting is effortless to use with dry or wet hands, and the water coming out of it tastes and smells clean and clear without the plastic chemical odor of regular hoses.
Some people were not happy that the inlet fitting was plastic and say that if the hose does kink, it will kink in the same spot over and over again.
There are defects in some of the hoses, which I suppose you can expect with any product made in a factory and distributed by humans. One person claimed that their hose ARRIVED kinked due to the packaging. Another person claimed that the water from the hose tasted awful. Both of these people sent it back and got a new one right away.
- Constructed with NTS Reflex Mesh patented technology eliminates kinks, twists and tangles
- Lead-free, complies with Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act for lead content
- Grip-Tite coupling for easy, leak free attachment at the faucet
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overall, the Teknor Apex NeverKink RV & Marine Hose is an ideal option for RV owners (and even gardeners) looking for a high-quality easy on, easy off hose that doesn’t kink. Its design not only works well but looks great too. There are many happy customers.