As a full-time RVer, having the best RV awning lights is an essential accessory. If you want to entertain or simply light up your awning area around your RV, lights are something that will make a significant difference.
There are so many lights on the market right now that choosing which are best may seem like a bit of a challenge. Luckily, I have compiled a list of top recommendations for RV awning lights to cover a broad range of needs and price points.
These RV Awning Lights Outshine the Rest
|Best RV Awning Lights||Best For:|
|Areful 16.4 Feet Flat Flexible LED Rope Lights||LED Lights|
|Omika 66 Feet LED Rope Lights Outdoor String Lights||Large Settings|
|Enbrighten Classic LED Cafe String Lights||Large Lights|
|Malivent 33 Feet 136 LED Rope Lights||Most Affordable|
|Camco LED 16’ Blue and White Rope Camper Interior and Exterior Lighting||Most Durable|
|Brightech Ambience Pro – LED Outdoor Globe String Lights||String Lights|
Reviews of Our Top Picks
Below, we break down all the details for each of our top picks, including pros and cons and where to get them.
Best LED Lights
Areful 16.4 Ft Flat Flexible LED Rope Lights
These rope lights are sure to turn your outdoor living space into a beautiful, attractive oasis. This light features eight static colors of red, blue, green, white, orange, yellow, cyan, and multi-colored. You can link up to four strips of lights together to cover maximum space. Some of the best features of these rope lights include remote controlled lighting, waterproof PVC covering, and more than 5,000 hours of lighting.
There have been a few noted instances in which the remote control life is not quite as long as customers would like, and it is not easily replaceable. If you are looking for a light source that really lights up space, these may be a little too dull for you.
- TRANSFORM YOUR LOVING SPACE INTO A BEAUTIFUL AND ATTRACTIVE OBJECT. This LED RGB rope light has 8...
- BEST PICK FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR DÉCOR. These rope lights outdoor are connectable. They can be...
- Up to 65 feet of connection
- Multiple color options
- Easy to control with remote
- Safe to use
- Easy and discreet mounting
- Not great for non-directional light
- Can burn inside the PVC tubing
- Short remote life
Best for Large Settings
Omika 66 Ft LED Rope Lights Outdoor String Lights
These LED “fairy” light fixtures are great for your outdoor occasions with large crowds and multiple guests. The 66-foot strand of lights comes with remote control and the ability to choose between 16 color variations. If you want to brighten up your RV and save on power at the same time, these are great options with their 12V low voltage power adaptor and automatic six-hour timer.
The only major drawback to these lights (other than their very intense brightness) is their tendency to “reset” after about 60 minutes. This means that the settings will go back to default instead of staying on whatever preset color you chose. This is set up by the manufacturer to prevent controller interference.
- Super Long RGB Rope Lights Color Changing *** This 66ft/ 20m string light includes 200 units Ultra...
- Fairy Lights Plug in*** The included UL certification 12V low voltage power adapter ensure a safety...
- Very bright LED lights
- Remote controlled with 16 color options
- 6-hour energy-saving timer
- Durable in most weather situations
- Some may find them too bright
- Resets after an hour
- Issues with setting the timer
Best Large Lights
Enbrighten Classic LED Cafe String Lights
If you really want to light up your outdoor RV space, these café string lights are a fantastic and beautiful option. The bulbs on these lights are extremely durable and promise not to break when dropped, stepped on, or blown around. You can link up to 750 feet of lighting with these string lights, making it very easy to light up your patio and outdoor space. These lights are energy-efficient and cool to the touch, making them safe for family use.
Mounting hardware does not come included, so you will have to purchase that separately. After a few years of use, these lights do tend to bend to the weather and may fill with water and other debris over time. If the LED lights go out, you will have to replace the whole strand of nine bulbs, much like you would with most Christmas lights.
- Add the perfect ambience to any indoor or outdoor space. Ideal for backyard, porch, balcony, deck,...
- 9 durable, impact resistant acrylic Edison-style bulbs won't break if dropped, stepped on, or blown...
- Not easily broken
- Can be linked up to 750 feet
- Great for outdoor lighting and groups
- 30-foot extension cord for plugging in
- Fill with water over many years
- Cannot replace one single LED light
- Does not include mounting
- Not the easiest to install
Malivent 33 Ft 136 LED Rope Lights
If you are on a slightly smaller budget, but would still like to light up your outdoor RV space with some nice LED rope lights, the Malivents may be a good option for you. They feature a PVC coated tube light effect that protects them from weathering too quickly. These lights also come with remote control and eight different lighting settings for any occasion.
Some drawbacks to these lights may include the “cheaper” feel of the PVC coating, though most have said they last a long time. You are also unable to replace the remote once it has been lost, so make sure you keep it in a safe place – otherwise, you will be manually turning the lights on and off for their entire shelf life.
- ☼ BENDABLE PVC TUBE COVER ☼ This tube of string light is characterized by high premium of PVC...
- ☼ WATERPROOF & WEATHER RESISTANCE ☼ The tube light has a waterproof level of IP65, it means our...
- Remote controlled
- Easy to install
- Beautiful lighting with many options to choose from
- Cannot replace remote once lost
- Cheap feeling coating
- Remote is unreliable
Camco LED 16’ Blue and White Rope Camper Interior and Exterior Lighting
If durability is important to you when lighting your RV space, these blue and white interior and exterior LED lights are a great option. These lights were designed for RV spaces, so they are easy to install and fit to the awning of most RVs. They are sixteen feet long and hold a steady stream of blue and white to consistently light up your outdoor area.
If you are looking for a brighter stream of light or something more exciting to look at, this product may not be your best option. They feature a solid strand of light and not much else. It has also been noted that the light source does not last more than about one year, so they need to be replaced somewhat frequently.
- 16 feet long and a 6mm diameter
- Steady blue and white light
- Easy to install
- Made for RVs and campers, so they fit easily
- Waterproofed connector
- Consistent light stream
- Do not last as long as other lights
- Slightly dull
- Lights break or burn out easily
- Do not always stay in place, may have to be reinstalled
Best String Lights
Brightech Ambience Pro – LED Outdoor Globe String Lights
If you are looking for a bright, ambiance focused set of globe string lights, Brightech Ambience Pro lights may be just what you are looking for. These lights have the capacity to withstand winds up to 50 mph, which is great for an RV space where weather can be unpredictable. They never overheat, which makes them family-friendly, and they come with a three-year warranty to ensure no problems occur.
If you are looking for a bright LED light option, these may not be your optimal choice as they offer a warm, peaceful light source. The bulbs are fairly easy to replace however, their lifespan is not as long as similar bulb lights, so that is something to keep in mind.
- CREATE GREAT AMBIENCE WITH OLD ITALIAN BISTRO LIGHTS FEATURING EDISON FILAMENTS - Enjoy your porch...
- HANG A CANOPY OF GAZEBO GLOBE LIGHTS: SET THE MOOD FOR A WEDDING OR PARTY: Go retro with your...
- Warm lighting
- Cool to the touch and safe for kids
- Built-in warranty if something breaks
- Easy to install
- Not easy to return or replace
- Only last for a year or two
Recap: The Best RV Awning Lights
- Areful 16.4 Ft Flat Flexible LED Rope Lights – Best LED Lights
- Omika 66 Ft LED Rope Lights Outdoor String Lights – Best for Large Settings
- Enbrighten Classic LED Cafe String Lights – Best Large Lights
- Malivent 33 Ft 136 LED Rope Lights – Most Affordable
- Camco LED 16’ Blue and White Rope Camper Interior and Exterior Lighting – Most Durable
- Brightech Ambience Pro – LED Outdoor Globe String Lights – Best String Lights
Buying New RV Awning Lights: What to Look For
Now that you have had a look into some of the best options for RV awning lights, here are a few factors worth taking into consideration before buying lights for your camper.
These lights are going to be used to light up the outdoor space of your RV, which means that the lights need to be suited to whatever climate you live in. There are some materials that are better suited for certain climates than others. It is important to understand which options are best based on where you live.
In terms of durability, plastic is the best option for light fixtures for your RV. Plastic can withstand most weather conditions without taking on too much damage in the process. Another great option for outdoor lighting material is brass. Brass has the ability to hold up well in severe weather as well.
Aluminum is a material that is on the cheaper side, but does not offer much in terms of ability to last. If you live in a place where severe weather is considered normal, you may want to avoid light products that are made from aluminum.
Compatibility With Your RV
The last thing you want is to purchase light fixtures that are not compatible with your RV’s electrical system. If that is the case, you can overwork your generator and cause power outages. You can find the information about wattage and other important compatibility details in the product description on the manufacturer’s website.
Lifespan of the Lights
It is important to consider taking an in-depth look at the reviews of a product before buying it. You want to make sure that you are getting your money’s worth, and if the lights have a tendency to die quickly or need constant replacement, they may not be ideal for you.
Size and Length of the Lights
The length of the lights is important to consider because not all RV awnings are the same. You want to make sure that they are the right size for your specific needs before making a purchase. You should also consider the size of the bulbs and whether they can be easily replaced or not.
If you’re upgrading your awning area, check out our other related guides too:
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do RV Awning Lights Last?
This depends on the type of lights you use for your awning. LED lights are made to last tens of thousands of hours as long as they are taken care of. Other lights might be cheaper but will last for much less time. These lights may last 300-500 hours before burning out, but replacing them is much easier.
Where Is The Best Place To Put Lights On An RV Awning?
You can put lights anywhere on your awning. Some people like to put them on the roller, or at the base of the awning. If you want to sit under your awning for an evening dinner and create a little more ambiance, you can hang string lights on the support posts for the awning. The beauty of string lights is that you can take them down and put them up anywhere, anytime.